Location Apartment House Spessartwald
The house is situated in Flörsbachtal-Lohrhaupten (Hessischer Spessart), between Lohr and Bad Orb directly at the Bavarian border, exactly at the center of Europe.
View from House Spessartwald on Lohrhaupten
The densely forested Lohrhaupten is over 950 years old, is now a well-kept health resort with about 1100 inhabitants, with heated spring water swimming pool, Kneipp facilities and beautiful hiking and biking trails through woods and meadows.
In the resort there are bakers, grocers, butchers, bus stop, several Local to accomplish everything in just a few minutes walk.
Wholesale markets and other shops are located in the neighboring Frammersbach, about 5 km.
Spessart, the holiday paradise between Main, Kinzig and Sinn
The Spessart is one of the largest contiguous forest in Germany.
It extends into the states of Hesse and Bayer. The 80-km-long border is for the visitor but hardly noticeable.
The guest can expect here a varied mountain scenery, culture and history.
Flörsbachtal - the hiking paradise in the middle of the Spessart Nature Park
No longer an insider tip is the Spessart community Flörsbachtal with its four hamlets Lohrhaupten, Flörsbach, Kempfenbrunn and Mosborn.
Load hundreds of kilometers of excellent hiking and walking trails and 875 km scenic mountain bike trails amidst the Nature Ppark Spessart in to an active holiday for everyone.
"Fun for body and soul" is the theme for Flörsbachtal and the entire region.
Flörsbachtal features about:
- a variety of dining options, from gourmet restaurants to fine cooking,
- a heated outdoor public pool with a giant slide only a few minutes walk from the holyday house,
- Kneipp facilities in Lohrhaupten, Flörsbach und Kempfenbrunn,
- a lake, the high moor Wiesbüttsee,,
- an extensive and well-marked network of hiking trails, start at the house,
- and bike paths with supra-regional connectivity
Even walking on the long-distance footpaths „Birkenhainer Strasse“ and „Eselsweg“, the historical trade routes that intersect in Flörsbachtal, guided herb walks, mushroom excursions, wildlife watching and horse-drawn carriage and wagon rides are offered here.
- Steinau (30km), Brothers Grimm Museum, Puppet Theatre
- Lohr (18 km), Spessart Museum, historic Old Town, Main Promenade,
- Hanau (50 km), Brothers Grimm City, goldsmiths city, castle, large weekly market,
- Bad Orb (20 km), Health resort, spa gardens, salt pans, Toscana Adventure Therme,
- Mespelbrunn (40 km), Moated castle, known from the movie "The Haunted Castle"
- Gelnhausen (30 km), Barbarossa City, trip to the Middle Ages,
- Marktheidenfeld (35 km), Franck-house, water park Maradies, Old Town,
-Wertheim am Main (45 km),Gateway to magic Taubervalley, Glass Museum, Old Town,
- Bad Soden (25 km), Spessart Therme, castle ruins Stolzenberg, Hutten Castle, Franciscan Monastery, Riemenschneider altar, Historic City Hall, Dippenmarkt,
- Würzburg (60 km),Residenz (UNESCO World Heritage) and Court of the residence, Marienberg Fortress, Cathedral of St. Kilian, Falk House, Old Main Bridge, age cranes, Kranenkai, Grafeneckart and town hall, four tube wells, farms and town houses, Old University, Botanical Garden, Stein-Wein-Path,
- Frankfurt (60 km), Römer, Cathedral, St. Paul's Church, Goethe House, Museum Bank, Alte Oper,
- BikeWald Spessart with 875 km cycling routes
- Hiking in the Nature Park Spessart
-Climbing Forest in Heigenbrücken